A home warranty is essential coverage for every home owner. They protect home owners from unexpected system failures and appliance breakdowns, which can be costly and inconvenient. With home warranty coverage, home owners should not have to worry about whether they’ll be able to afford covered home repairs or find a qualified contractor to help.
Home warranties are an excellent choice for every home owner, offering peace of mind, extensive coverage, significant savings, and the advantage of having a team of trusted, qualified technicians always ready to help.
What You Need to Know About Home Repair and Home Warranties
• Home warranty use is rising with housing trends nationwide.1
• 9 critical appliances and home systems have an average life expectancy of 13 years. Failure of one of these systems in any given year is 68% likely. 2
• 8 out of 10 home buyers prefer homes with an existing home warranty.3
• Homes with an existing home warranty will sell for an average of $2,300 more and up to 11 days faster than homes without home warranties.4
Can You Benefit From a Home Warranty?
The short answer is yes, you do need a home warranty. In every home, systems and appliances wear out, even with perfect maintenance. Home appliances typically have a life expectancy between 10 to 19 years, but many just don’t make it that long. And as they become older, they require more repairs along the way. Your system or appliance will break down eventually, and when it does, it can mean a cost of ‡
• Air conditioner unit repair: $75-$905
• Air conditioner unit replacement: $1,848-$10,000
• Water heater repair: $100-$1,200
• Water heater replacement: $320-$6,000
• Electrical wiring or panel installation: $125-$4,000
How a Home Warranty Works
Home warranty service contracts help pay the costs to repair or replace covered systems and appliances. Home owners pay an annual warranty fee and a low $60 service call fee — that’s it. With a home warranty, your home’s covered systems and appliances will be taken care of even when an unexpected problem occurs. This peace of mind can offer great relief — and save you both time and money.
When a covered system or appliance fails, you simply go online or call us toll free 24/7, submit your claim and a local technician will be sent to diagnose the problem. All you need to do is pay your $85 service call fee. The only question is:
ARE YOU READY TO COVER YOUR HOME?
CHW offers service contracts which are not warranties. See policy for specifics on response times. CHW reserves the right to offer cash back in lieu of repair or replacement in the amount of CHW’s actual cost (which at times may be less than retail) to repair or replace any covered system, component or appliance. First Month Free available with purchase of any Single Payment home warranty plan. 1 Source: Lansing State Journal, Washington Times 2 Source: Home Repair and Remodel, Marshall & Swift L.P., 2004 3 Source: Gallup Poll 4 Source: Service Contract Industry Council ‡ Source: Home Advisor true cost guide chart